Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Private Selection Angus Ribeye Steak - Very Good!

For the ones that don't know, Private Selection is from Kroger. Most of the products that I have tried have been pretty good. Right now I want to talk about the Angus steak.



I received a $3 off coupon for Private Selection Angus Beef and because the ribeye steaks were on sale, and I had never had a ribeye, I decided to buy them.

I took them to my sister's because she had mentioned that she was hungry for steak. When it was time to fix dinner, I simply rinsed the steaks under cold water (I rinse all meat), preheated the broiler on toaster oven, sprinkled garlic powder and black pepper on steak and placed them in the oven. Turning them every 3-4 minutes, they were ready to eat in 16 minutes. We like our steak very slightly pink in center so for someone who likes it more rare, they would reduce the cooking time. 



As you can see, we had corn on the cob and sauteed peppers 'n' onions along with out steak. This dinner was so good. The steak was so tender you could cut it with a fork. Great taste too! I will definitely buy Private Selection Angus Ribeye Steak again in the future.

I want to add that when I sautee my peppers 'n' onions, I do not add any butter or oil. Just a little water (veggies create their own juice so you only need a little) and, basically, steam them till they are tender. They are so good and totally fat free. We love them!

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.