Monday, September 3, 2012

Green, Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers, Onions 'n' Garlic

I absolutely love to eat bell peppers and onions sauteed together in a skillet. I have learned that you don't even need to add any butter or oil. Just cut up your peppers 'n' onions however you like them (I like slices) and add them to a skillet. Add your garlic. You can use any type of garlic you prefer. I normally will use the minced garlic in the jar that you can find in the produce section of most grocery stores. I add some black pepper to mine but I do not cook with salt. So, you can salt and pepper to your liking. I turn the heat to medium and then when they start cooking I turn down some. You just want to make sure that they are simmering. These veggies will normally make their own juice but if for some reason they are not, just add a little water. You don't want them to burn. Once they are simmering good, add a lid and this will steam them. Stir often till they are tender or to whatever doneness you like.

These sauteed peppers 'n' onions are delicious over mashed potatoes or just as a side veggie and they are fat free!

With the left overs I like to make some toast and then make a sandwich with whatever lunch meat is in the house. Then I heat up the pepper mixture and add them to the sandwich. Add some swiss cheese and you have one delicious sandwich! Swiss is my favorite but any cheese will do.

We have some left over peppers 'n' onions in the fridge right now. We are going to make some hamburger patties to go along with them and, also, some potato salad that is left over. Yummy!

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.