Friday, September 6, 2013

Pizza On Pita Bread? Yummy!

Just like a lot of 5 year olds, when it comes to foods he will eat, my grandson's tastes can change at the drop of a hat, but, pizza seems to stay at the top of his list. There are times when ordering pizza out just does not sound good. Maybe we just get tired of the same old thing.

Sometimes we want something a little different and, also, east to make. In the past I have made little pizzas on English muffins and on lightly toasted (so they don't get soggy) hamburger buns.

Recently, my sister told me that she had made pizza on pita bread so I decided to try it. I thought that this would be something that my grandson and I could do together. So, I went to the store and bought what I needed to make this happen.

Pita bread, pepperoni, bacon, pizza sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bacon is another food at the top of my grandson's list and this was the first time he had it on pizza.


                                                                         Pizza Before Cooking

First thing I did was cook the bacon till crispy, but not too done. Preheated toaster oven to 375 degrees F and lined pan (the one that came with toaster oven) with foil. Sprayed the foil with non-stick spray. Then we took a pita bread, spread pizza sauce on it, added some moz cheese, pepperoni and bacon. We placed it in the toaster oven and cooked it till it was nice and brown and bubbly. Not really sure of the time but, remember, toaster ovens vary so I suggest you watch it close the first time.

                                                                       Pizza After Cooking

Kevin with raw pizza on left, cooked pizza on right.



These pita bread pizzas were very good which actually surprised me. We will be making these again soon!

I would enjoy onion, green pepper and tomato (and occasionally pineapple) with the pepperoni and next time I will add that to mine.


No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.