Sunday, May 24, 2009

Time For Ice Cream

I just love when the weather starts getting warmer and it's ice cream season again. There is nothing like a bowl of ice cream at the end of a hot day. I see nothing wrong with eating ice cream on occassion. I love ice cream and I try to be careful about how often I eat it. I can eat it all year long but, my significant other can not. That makes me like summer even more because I have someone to enjoy it with. What I do is I keep track of when I am buying, let's say, a gallon of ice cream. If I purchase it within the first week of the month, it will last me to very near the end of that month. I try not to eat it every day, I spread it out so it is more of a treat. Then when that gallon is gone I wait at least two weeks before I buy more. Believe me, I could eat it every day of the week. Moderation is the key. I didn't eat much ice cream at all this past winter. I started buying the big tub of vanilla yogurt (personally, I like Dannon), frozen sliced strawberries (no sugar added) by Dole, and frozen blueberries also by Dole. Thaw out the fruit and add it to the yogurt. (not all at once, one bowl at a time) This is absolutely delicious and can take the place of ice cream (especially in the winter). I encourage you to try other varieties too. I get stuck with one thing that I love and have a hard time changing, LOL. I welcome any other cool desserts for summer. Thank you

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.