Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What a good dinner we had!

Hello, Tonight we had BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and biscuits. Everything turned out delicious. I used the country style ribs. Half with bone and half without. Parboil ribs for twenty minutes. Cover bottom of baking pan with bbq sauce. Place boiled ribs in pan and cover with sauce. Amount of sauce depends on how you like your ribs, so, by taste. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes. My roommate had a can of Campbell's beef gravy and I must say that it was fantastic! The first time that I have had that. There was a time in my life when I cooked every day. I had a husband and a son and I was a housewife. Now I am divorced, my son is 32 with a son of his own, and my boyfriend and I live together. I love it! I cook when I want to, not because I have to. It makes cooking so much more fun. I have plans on beans and cornbread tomorrow. I have the beans (northern) soaking for the night. I have to run out in the morning to get cornmeal mix and milk. I'm going to fry up some cornbread. The way my gramma taught me. yummy! I have a problem with wanting something sweet in the evening. I try not to be too bad so what I am going to do is mix some peanut butter with some honey and spread it on pumpernickel bread. It kills the sweet tooth and it isn't too unhealthy. Just don't eat a whole loaf of bread and you will be fine, LOL. I love food!! I just want to say that I am a person that doesn't like salt much. Only on certain things. So, when you eat my cooking you usually need to add salt. Although, no one complains about my cooking:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Call me next time, I'll come by, LOL!:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Yummy!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.